Pulled pork is something I like to have in my freezer for quick meal, like pork barbecue sandwiches or pulled pork tacos. And there’s not an easier way to make a big batch of pulled pork than in the slow cooker. I like this recipe because it gives a subtle flavor to the meat, so you can use it in a variety of ways.
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Write a review
- 3 lbs pork loin or roast
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash or two of liquid smoke
- Whisk together the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
- Trim any fat and silver skin off of pork.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, place pork in slow cooker, and pour sauce over.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until tender and falling apart.
- Remove and shred.
- Add barbecue sauce, if desired.
- *To freeze: Allow meat to cool completely and divide into resealable bags. Defrost and heat to serve.
Seasoned to Impress http://seasonedtoimpress.com/