After a weekend full of “cheat-day” foods, I was in desperate need of a healthy dinner tonight. This quinoa is loaded with veggies — red pepper, zucchini, eggplant, and onion — and keeps you feeling full thanks to the protein and fiber from the chickpeas. Add in super flavorful basil pesto and a sprinkle of feta cheese, and you almost forget you’re eating a healthy meal.
Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa
Write a review
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 a small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chopped veggies on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss, and spread evenly.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- In the meantime, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and roasted vegetables. Gently stir in pesto, adding a teaspoon or two of olive oil, if needed, to thin pesto.
- Top with feta cheese, and serve.
Seasoned to Impress http://seasonedtoimpress.com/